Shipping, inventory and sales data can be formatted, sorted and reviewed to provide opportunities for your company to measure performance, gain visibility of trends and improve. All of our clients have this data available within their own data information systems, but many do not have the time or trained personnel to examine the data on a regular basis.
Freight/Inventory Expense as a Percentage of Sales Revenue
- By Distribution Channel
- By Consignee
- By State or Sales Territory
What we are most often asked:
- Cost of Service by Channel, Cost of Service by Account, Cost of Service by Geography
- Cost of Back-Ordered Merchandise, Marginal Cost Increase Incurred
- Percentage of Sales by Freight Term (Who paid, was it Charged to the Account)
- Seasonal Shipping/ Ordering Trends
- Same Account Re-Order Frequency
SAMPLE “FREIGHT AS A PERCENTAGE OF SALES REVENUE” BY SALES REGION ANALYSIS: SINGLE US DISTRIBUTION POINT IN MID ATLANTIC REGION (NY, NJ, PA, DE or MD)
|REGIONS||REVENUE MAY 2012||FREIGHT EXPENSE||FREIGHT AS A PERCENT OF REVENUE|
Analysis from period to period can be examined to note minor changes in your business, before they become unmistakably visible in your profit and loss statements. Visibility can benefit your sales, operations and finance departments. This is a critical tool to add value to the Sam-Son program.
Your staff can submit analysis questions; we will provide data to present and our observations. We look forward to assisting you in these endeavors.